NPQSL starting Thursday 15th November 2018
What our attendees think...
"Most valuable thing I learned today is different leadership styles and how they can be effective, and evaluating my own practice." - delegate on previous course
There are places available on this course for those who are, or are aspiring to become a Senior Leader with cross-school responsibilities, e.g. an experienced Middle Leader, a Deputy Headteacher, an Assistant Head, or other senior staff. This includes those who are, or aspiring to be, a Senior Leader with cross-school responsibilities, e.g. a Director of Teaching School Alliance.
NPQSL is delivered under license by Leadership Live. Wednesbury Teaching School Alliance is a delivery partner of Leadership Live.
Professional Qualification for Senior Leaders - Leading across a School
The National College of Teaching and Leadership has developed a new range of National Qualifications and flexible study modules designed to give more choice in Teacher's Professional Development.
All sessions must be attended.
Induction - Thursday 15th November 2018 at 1.30pm - 3.00pm
Day 1 - Thursday 6th December 2018 at 9am - 4pm
Day 2 - Thursday 24th January 2019 at 9am - 4pm
Day 3 - Thursday 14th February 2019 at 9am - 4pm
Day 4 - Thursday 14th March 2019 at 9am - 4pm
Course Leaders are H. McNeil and Liz Adams.
Venue is Harvills Hawthorn Primary, Wolseley Road, West Bromwich B70 0NG.
This qualification is designed to support you in becoming a highly effective Senior Leader, with the skills, confidence and knowledge to drive successful team performance and improved classroom practice.
To achieve the Senior Leader qualification you'll need to successfully complete assessment tasks and an improvement project across school.
- Analyse performance data to identify the causes of variation within a school and against comparative schools, for example in relation to national benchmarks, historical performance or between different groups.
- Ensure data collected is necessary, proportionate and manageable for staff.
- Design and implement sustainable change across a school.
- Work with governing body effectively to identify and agree approaches to school priorities.
Cost is £850 all schools (no scholarships are available).
Lunch is provided on full days.
NPQSL offers the same quality hallmarks that you'd expect of any National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL) leadership development programme.
- High quality learning materials, with a strong focus on current research and outstanding practice opportunities to think about the implications of your own leadership through discussion and debate with peers, a coach and your line manager.
- Assessment focusing on tasks linked to school improvement activities undertaken in the workplace.
- Delivering real benefits to you and your school or organisation.