The Black Country Passport into Teaching
Do you want to train to be a Teacher but do not have much experience in a school?
Ask about our quality-assured school experience programme that will develop and deepen your understanding of teaching in a school.
Next available date: Monday 22nd October 2018 to Friday 26th October 2018
The Black Country Passport to Teaching is an enhanced, five-day school experience programme tailored to the needs of training to teach in the Black Country.
What are we looking for?
- Applicants who are committed to transforming the lives of the pupils that they teach.
What Qualifications and entry requirements do I need?
- Applicants that are passionate about working with young children and have the drive and ambition to be an outstanding and innovative practitioner.
- A UK undergraduate degree 2:2, or higher*
- GCSE grade C/4 in both English, Mathematics and Science (for recognised equivalents)
- The Professional Skills test in English and Maths (applicants should have passed or have plans in place to take the tests)
- Admission to the course is subject to a satisfactory medical report, as you are required to meet the standards for Fitness to Teach
- Applicants must complete forms requesting an Enhanced Disclosure (DBS)
*If you studied outside of the UK, you should visit the National Academic Recognition Centre (NARIC) website to find out whether your qualifications are of an equivalent level to UK GCSEs, A Levels and an undergraduate degree.
What materials do I get?
- You will receive a paper copy of the Passport to Teaching School Experience Programme booklet.
What if I decide that teaching isn't for me?
- In the unlikely event that you decide teaching isn't for you you can stop the programme at any point during the 5 days. Likewise, your host school can stop the programme at any point if they feel that it would not benefit you to continue.