Wednesbury Teaching School Alliance (WTSA) Vision
Wednesbury Teaching School Alliance Vision
Teaching schools are part of the Government's drive to give schools more freedom and take increasing responsibility for managing the schools system.
The quality of teachers and leaders is the most important factor in improving educational standards for children.
As well as offering training and support for our alliance ourselves, we will identify and co-ordinate expertise from our alliance, using the best leaders and teachers to:
- play a greater role in training new entrants to the profession through our School Direct programme
- lead peer-to-peer professional and leadership development, including licensed leadership programmes
- identify and develop leadership potential
- provide support for other schools through the deployment of NLEs, LLEs and NLGs
- designate and broker Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs)
- carry out research and development to develop innovative practice in order to improve practice and raise standards.
All of the above will be achieved through collaboration with schools within our alliance and through our partnerships with:
- Sandwell Local Authority
- Teaching Schools Collaborative Sandwell (8 Sandwell Teaching Schools)
- University of Wolverhampton