There are places available on this course for Governors, Clerks to Governors, Headteachers and School Business Managers.
Governor Expectations at Inspection from September 2019
Monday 30th September 2019 at 2.30pm - 4.30pm
Course Leader - John Hemmings
At Harvills Hawthorn Primary, Wolseley Road, West Bromwich B70 0NG
Cost is £60 per delegate
To book a place email: teaching.school@
Topics taken from:
The Education Inspection Framework - May 2019 - and proposed Handbooks.
Presented by an on screen of the Framework and Handbook with participant discussion and questions. There will also be a digital workbook for participants.
1. Welcome and introductions
2. Expectations of providers – grading scale for judgements and key judgements
a. Overall effectiveness
b. Quality of education - implementation and impact
c. Behaviour and attitudes
d. Personal development
e. Leadership and management
3. How schools will be inspected
a. Risk assessment
b. Outstanding/exempt schools
c. Section 8 inspections of good schools
d. Inspection of religious education (RE) and collective worship
4. Before the inspection - clarification for schools – Ofsted will not:
5. Meeting those responsible for governance
6. Taking a look at Grade descriptors – Outstanding and Good – Inadequate.
Especially leadership and management
7. Strategies for good practice and confidence
8. Questions and conclusion