Course Leader - Verity Jones
At Harvills Hawthorn Primary, Wolseley Road, West Bromwich B70 0NG.
Lunch is provided.
Cost is £180 WLCT Schools; £190 Alliance Schools; £200 All other schools.
To book a place, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to ensure breadth and depth of learning in the primary classroom, delegates will explore a number of inspiring practical approaches to the teaching of geography. Examples of good practice will be shared that can be adapted to you own school as a teacher and/or leader of geography.
Delegates are asked to bring a global themed or Geography based story book to the course please.
The course will:
· Help staff to plan for high quality geography within a cross-curricular approach
· Explore the KS1 and KS2 geography requirements
· Evaluate and plan for progression across the key stages
· Develop a deeper understanding of the role of fieldwork in geography
· Help staff better support wider issues such as SMSC, British values and a global dimension.
Delegates will go away with ideas, resources and practical examples to use in the classroom and strategies to support colleagues in developing geography across the school.